The Fraud Insolvency Division (FInD) traces and recovers funds for clients who have suffered a financial loss.
In the last three years we have recovered over £200million of hidden and misappropriated assets for clients ranging from foreign governments, HMRC, claimants in major frauds to banks, insurers and other listed and non-listed corporates.
We use civil as well as insolvency proceedings and work across borders. We have extensive experience of retrieving assets from jurisdictions in the Caribbean, Middle East, Africa, Europe and Asia.
We are flexible on fees and we are often able to work on a contingent basis. This means that we bear the risk and only charge a fee in cases where we make a recovery. In many cases our work represents an opportunity for clients to turn write offs into revenues.
We offer solutions and advice in the following areas:
- fraud investigations that minimise consequences of fraud
- assistance with fraud reporting and presenting findings in Court
- asset tracing of misappropriated assets and funds
- international corruption and asset recovery.
Our licensed Insolvency Practitioners also use their powers under the Insolvency Act for:
- asset recovery
- repatriating monies gained from fraudulent and criminal activity
- tax investigations offering safeguards during investigations
- helping manage enquiries
- protecting business and personal assets
- negotiating with HMRC to achieve pragmatic commercial solutions and settlements.
Our forensic IT service can also:
- identify and retrieve information held on electronic media
- find hidden data
- recreate critical computer related communications
- access hard-to-find or apparently lost data
- search and manage e-mails and databases
- present computer forensic filings.