Alan joined Grant Thornton in December 2011, prior to which he spent 10 years working at PwC and 12 years at Rolls-Royce
Alan leads the Operational Deal Services team at Grant Thornton and exclusively focuses on supporting clients around deals in operations due diligence, 100 day planning, integrations and separations. He has been a deal specialist for 11 years and is based in London but operates globally.
Alan also has deep operational and industry experience through working for Rolls-Royce plc for 12 years where ran a business unit, led global change programmes and led a range of functions including; manufacturing, procurement, sales and IT.
Working for both Corporates and Private Equity Houses, Alan has led over 100 transactions examples of which include:
· Integration of Boots and Alliance Unichem
· Integration of TUI and First Choice
· Integration of easyJet and GB Airways
· Operational due diligence and separation planning on Rio Tinto Packaging for Amcor
· Separation of Home Shopping from GUS and integration into Shop Direct
· Separation of 8 sites from Airbus
· Operational due diligence on NCP Car Parks
· Operational due diligence and synergy planning in support of the creation of Arcadia
· Integration of Balfour Beatty & Parsons Brinckerhoff
· Integration of Britvic and Fruite Enterprises
· Synergy review for the Deutsche Post and Exel integration
· Synergy review and integration of Gala and Coral