Alison joined Grant Thornton's Forensic & Investigation Services team in 2005, prior to which she spent 13 years working in the forensic team of a big four firm.
Alison has carried out a wide variety of forensic accounting assignments and investigations and has prepared numerous reports for use in court proceedings. She has been instructed as a party expert, as single joint expert and has been appointed as an independent expert by the President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. She has given evidence in court.
Alison's expertise covers:
- Claims following Compulsory Purchase
- Business/share valuations
- Warranty claims and other claims following the purchase/sale of businesses
- Disputes over completion accounts
- Contract disputes
- Business interruption claims
- Shareholder/Partnership disputes
- Valuation of commercial agencies