Andrew joined Grant Thornton's Tax team in 2011, prior to which he spent 7 years at another large accountancy firm and before that in Big four, both in Real Estate Tax.
Andrew is a corporate tax specialist with extensive experience of advising real estate owners, both corporate groups and collective investment vehicles, on the tax implications of their transactions. He has advised on direct property acquisitions; corporate acquisitions, disposals and restructurings; and establishment of collective real estate funds, both UK and international. He also has experience of dealing with other property backed businesses such as nursing homes, hotels etc. Andrew is a member of the Property Taxes sub-committee of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Andrew's expertise covers:
- Property investment, development and residential property
- Property collective investment funds including partnerships, unit trusts and PAIFs
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Corporate acquisitions, disposals and restructuring
- Fund managers
- Other property backed businesses eg nursing homes; hotels