David works in our Audit and assurance department, providing a range of audit and assurance services to mid to large corporates, including an number of listed companies. He was appointed as managing partner of our Birmingham office in July 2009.
David joined us at Grant Thornton in 2007, following the firm's merger with RSM Robson Rhodes LLP. David was a partner for 5 years whilst at RSM Robson Rhodes and during that time worked with a number of customers, both in the UK and Internationally, providing a wide range of audit and assurance services. These included transaction support, flotations and audit related services to a wide portfolio of companies spanning a number of sectors.
David was awarded the Birmingham and West Midlands ICAEW Young Accountant of the Year in 2004 and has also completed a Business Advisor Programme at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, David was Head of Audit for RSM Robson Rhodes in Birmingham and also sat on the firms Supervisory Board, whilst also taking an active role in the Firm's manufacturing and engineering sector.
David's expertise covers:
- Providing a first class audit service
- A wide spectrum of assurance advice to support clients' growth, acquisition and disposal activities, including assisting clients develop and expand operations overseas
- Assisting management of fast growing companies identify and implement an appropriate control environment
- Extensive Sarbanes-Oxley experience
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Economics