Graham works in our Leeds based Audit and Business Assurance Group, specialising in the Local Government, Health, Education and Housing Sectors.
Graham joined us at Grant Thornton in 2007, following the merger with RSM Robson Rhodes. He is engagement partner on the external audit of NHS hospital trusts, universities, further education colleges and housing clients. He also provides internal audit services to a number of clients.
Prior to taking responsibility for these clients Graham had managerial responsibility for PLC, private company audits and related assignments.
He is a member of our team which is invited by the Audit Commission to undertake quality control reviews and has been involved as a presenter in a number of external training workshops and seminars on topics including:
treasury management, corporate governance, risk management and business planning. He has also serviced on the Board of a housing association for seven years.
Graham's expertise covers:
- Due diligence on housing client mergers
- Development of good practice in treasury management
- Value for money reviews
- Reviews of the systems and staffing structures of Finance Departments
- Assistance in the implementation of risk management arrangements
- Preparation and validation of business plans
- Implementation of frameworks for financial control and governance