Hugh works in Recovery & Reorganisation, specialising in restructuring, insolvency and the financial sector.
Hugh has 20 years experience in corporate finance, with particular emphasis in restructuring, insolvency and the financial sector. He is recognised as an innovative expert in the management, restructuring and resolution of non-performing debts and assets, particularly in emerging markets. His involvement in exceptionally large restructuring assignments and financial sector crisis in interventions have included co-ordinating the negotiation of multi billion dollar sales transactions and complex restructuring deals. Hugh has also developed extensive direct experience of managing, operating, restructuring and selling companies, often in difficult circumstances.
Hugh has considerable experience in dealing with value realisation where market conditions make straight sales infeasible or value destructive.
Hugh's expertise covers:
- Finance services, including banking and hedge funds
- Restructuring outwith formal insolvency
- Deposit insurance
- MA in Economics and Accountancy
- Member of Scottish Chartered Accountants professional body (CA)
- Insolvency practitioner under UK regulatory requirements (JIEB)