Ian joined Grant Thornton's Financial Services Group in 2009. Prior to that he spent 9 years working for 2 of the Big 4 firms.
Ian has significant experience working in insurance taxation and has a particular interest in the tax affairs of general insurers and Lloyd's corporate names.
Ian's expertise covers:
- advising on the structure of new and established insurance operations, comparing the direct
- tax issues in a number of territories and providing guidance on operational issues
- providing tax due diligence services on a number of major insurance transactions
- advising on the redomiciliation of a listed UK Lloyd's group to Bermuda including advice on
- transfer pricing, tax residence and permanent establishment issues
- the provision of outsourced tax compliance and advisory services to a number of insurance groups
- advising on tax efficient employee incentive arrangements.