James is a partner in our Recovery & Reorganisation practice, specialising in corporate recovery and advisory work.
James joined us at Grant Thornton in 1988 and was promoted to the partnership in 1994.
With more than 18 years experience in all aspects of recovery & reorganisation, James's experience covers a wide spectrum of investigation and insolvency cases both in the UK and overseas. James is a member of the Fraud Advisory Panel and a member of the London Special Investigations & Recovery Services (SIRS) team, which is dedicated to the investigation of fraud and asset tracing.
James's expertise covers:
- success in antecedent transaction in the UK, asset tracing and recovery actions in foreign jurisdictions and the investigation of significant shortfalls on fraud related cases
- investigation of a £20m shortfall in the asset base of a trade finance house
- litigation claims against directors and third parties in respect of a £100m turnover insurance business
- £30m fraud on HMRC involving entities in the BVI, Nevis, Switzerland and Italy
- Court receivership appointments under the Criminal Justice System to investigate the proceeds of crime and enforce confiscation orders.
- Fraud-related insolvency
- Confiscation and proceeds of crime
- Trade finance
- Nursing/care homes
- Information technology.