Head of Real Estate Advisory
Until 2000, Jeremy worked with a Big 4 firm where he specialised in the restructuring of companies worldwide. His work ranged from crisis management to operational, financial and strategic restructuring.
Jeremy then worked in the Real Estate sector, setting up and acting as main board director and shareholder of two property groups. The groups specialised in residential, commercial and hotel properties.
Towards the end of 2008, Jeremy joined the firm to set up a specialised Real Estate Team. Since then, Jeremy has grown the specialist Team to 20 people and developed a bespoke advisory methodology covering the whole range of real estate situations across the commercial and residential sectors including all lifecycles from bare development land to part built developments and also investment properties and portfolios. Before joining Grant Thornton, the Real Estate Team has been involved in the development of over 8 million square feet of commercial space and over 5,500 residential units.
Jeremy is a qualified Chartered Accountant and also a member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers.
Jeremy has a range of skills including:
• Providing advice to both lenders and borrowers of real estate
• Development management of commercial and mixed use developments including land acquisition, planning, construction, leasing and sale
• Negotiating the acquisition and disposal of real estate assets
• Providing strategic property advice for clients with both commercial and residential holdings
• Fund raising for real estate development and investment projects
• Providing advice to occupiers to optimise cost and operational efficiency
• Undertaking detailed independent business reviews