Jeremy Toone is head of the Grant Thornton UK real estate advisory team. Prior to joining the firm, Jeremy was a main board director and shareholder of two property development groups involved in retail, mixed use residential/retail and hotel properties. Jeremy has significant experience in advising real estate clients in fund raising, development and funding advice, feasibility and financial appraisals, balance sheet restructuring, strategy, personnel and operations.
Jeremy is currently engaged in some exciting fund raising assignments; for example:
- A significant UK hospital operator is seeking finance to enable the creation of a brand new real estate platform from which to trade.
- An established retirement homes developer is seeking funding to expand their existing operations.
- Working on behalf of a client to project manage the maximisation of the value of a brown field land site they control. Outline planning approval has recently been granted for the change of use of this land to enable the development of 171 houses.
Jeremy has a range of skills including:
• Providing advice to both lenders and borrowers of real estate
• Development management of commercial and mixed use developments including land acquisition, planning, construction, leasing and sale
• Negotiating the acquisition and disposal of real estate assets
• Providing strategic property advice for clients with both commercial and residential holdings
• Fund raising for real estate development and investment projects
• Providing advice to occupiers to optimise cost and operational efficiency
• Undertaking detailed independent business reviews
Jeremy is a qualified Chartered Accountant and also a member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers.