John works in our Manchester office and specialises in advising entrepreneurial clients on both corporate and personal tax planning
John joined Grant Thornton in Sheffield in 1986 before moving to Manchester in 1989. Before joining the firm he spent 3 years training at a local practice in Chesterfield. John was a member of the audit department in Sheffield before transferring into tax in 1987. He became a partner in Manchester in 1995. John is also a member of the national tax management team for Grant Thornton in the UK and of the Partnership Oversight Board, the governance body for the firm nationally.
John has 24 years tax experience and his clients include PLCs, high net worth individuals, trusts and entrepreneurial clients. John also works extensively on the tax aspects of transactions, specifically company sales and acquisitions.
John's expertise covers:
- tax planning for non-UK domiciled individuals
- personal tax (including capital gains tax and inheritance tax)
- corporate and international tax
- transaction tax
- ACA (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- CTA (Chartered Institute of Taxation)
- BA (Hons)