Jon joined Grant Thornton in 2005 after spending five years at a London big 4 firm, where he specialised in the retail and general insurance sectors. Jon is a Chartered Insurance Practitioner and is regularly called upon to undertake investigations in to the operations and activities of UK regulated firms. Jon leads Grant Thornton’s services to the general insurance market.
Jon’s expertise includes:
- A broad range of assignments for regulated firms including skilled person appointments, corporate governance effectiveness reviews and Control Function (Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit) effectiveness reviews, new product testing and financial promotions
- Preparing Directors and Non-Executive Directors for FSA interviews
- Conduct of business advice including sales procedures and controls assurance
- Diagnostic reviews to determine the extent of potential risk to customers as a result of historic sales, claims handling or complaints handling processes
- Design and delivery of past business reviews to remedy customer detriment
- Compliance with client money responsibilities and financial controls
- Designing and delivering effective compliance monitoring and reporting arrangements
- Authorisation and variation of regulatory permissions.
- Financial Planning Certificate (FPC)
- Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII)
- Chartered Insurance Practitioner (CIP)
- Member of the Worshipful Company of Insurers.