Julian works in our Financial Services Group, specialising in audit and transaction support services for financial services clients.
Julian joined us in Grant Thornton in 2007, following the firms merger with Robson Rhode. He has over 20 years ' experience in financial services audit and advisory services at Deloitte, Robson Rhodes and now Grant Thornton. Julian's transaction and project work includes:
- Reporting accountant on admission of Peach Holdings, a US specialty finance company with an enterprise value of $600m to AIM.
- Fraud auditor (prevention and detection) for several government privatisations.
- Performing the proof of debt process for UK creditors of BCCI.
- Obtaining FSA authorisation for clients.
- Reporting accountant on numerous listed fund transactions, including hostile take-over and defence.
- Expert witness on dispute over rights to income from a hedge fund business.
Julian's expertise covers:
- Audit for financial services entities, particularly investment business, fund and insurance clients
- Transaction support
- Financial services regulation