Karen is a VAT Partner and leads our VAT and Customs duty practice in the South East.
Karen has over 18 years experience in VAT, joining HMRC in 1990 and working for a Big 4 firm before joining Grant Thornton in 2006.
For the past 10 years, Karen has specialised in Technology, Infocomms and Entertainment industry sectors. She also has expertise in International VAT and Customs duties, and has advised a large number of multi-national businesses on cross border issues.
Karen's expertise covers:
- International VAT and business models
- Global contracts for services
- Cross border movements of goods
- Supply chain issues
- Establishing businesses in the EU
- Migrating businesses to and from the EU
- Place of supply
- Land and property issues
- Partial exemption
- ATII - Associate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation