Kersten joined Grant Thornton's Property & Construction team in early 2012 as tax partner, having previously worked for over 12 years in the real estate practice of Deloitte.
Kersten has advised on a wide variety of property and real estate fund structuring assignments. He has worked with a wide range of UK and international investors on the tax-efficient acquisition, financing, disposal and restructuring of their property portfolios.
In addition, Kersten has also advised a number of corporate occupiers on tax-efficient lease structures of their properties.
Most recently, Kersten has worked with German pension funds and property managers on new investment structures into the UK, preserving the beneficial tax status of those investors.
Kersten's expertise covers:
- Tax structuring of property acquisitions and restructuring of portfolios
- Disposal planning
- Real Estate Fund structuring
- Hotel transactions, Opco/Propco planning
- Property lease planning
- Strategic property advice
- International tax advice (Europe, Australia)
- UK tax compliance
- Tax due diligence