Malcolm is European Head of Distressed Real Estate in our Recovery & Reorganisation practice. He specialises in large corporate assignments, focusing on review, reorganisation and recovery work.
In recent years he has been involved in many large-scale corporate reconstructions and recovery assignments, acting as lead appointee a number of high profile cases. Malcolm has considerable experience of working in overseas jurisdictions including Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the USA.
Key assignments include:
- Administrator of Glenkerrin Group’s UK assets (total debt €600m)
- Administrator of Sapphire Retail Fund (debt of £200m)
- Administrator of Poultry Developments Limited Ltd (debt of £73m)
- Administrator of Westport Land Ltd (debt of £95m)
- Administrator of Bluestone Leisure Limited (debt of £70m)
- Debt restructuring of HOTELoC Plc (debt of £530m)
- Debt restructuring of a Thai construction company (debt of $1billion).
- Liquidator of RBG Resources plc (claims of $450million)
- Liquidator of OnDigital 1998 plc (formerly ITV Digital plc) (debt of £1.4 billion)
- Receiver on the multi-jurisdictional restructuring and insolvency of Pangea Group (debt of £450million).
Malcolm's expertise covers:
- real estate
- construction and contracting
- cross border insolvency
- FCA (Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- FABRP (Fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals)
- Licensed insolvency practitioner