Marcus works in Recovery & Reorganisation, specialising in restructuring, insolvency and the financial sector.
Marcus is Managing Director of Grant Thornton (British Virgin Islands) Ltd, a specialist Recovery & Reorganisation practice in the BVI.
Before joining Grant Thornton in 2011, he was responsible for the Financial Advisory Services practices of a Big4 firm in the Atlantic Region of Canada.
In addition to his work in Canada, during the last 15 years Marcus has worked extensively throughout the Caribbean islands, including Anguilla, Antigua, the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Lucia, St Vincent, Trinidad and Turks and Caicos.
During this time, Marcus has acted as Partner responsible for the controllership or Court Liquidation of:
- eighteen (18) offshore banks and other financial service companies in Grenada
- four (4) offshore banks/financial institution in Dominica
- eight (8) offshore banks in St. Vincent and the Grenadines
While much of his focus in the last few years has been in the financial services field, Marcus has also been involved in tourism and transportation related assignments, including hotel receivership or restructuring, airline restructuring and profit enhancement, restructuring in yacht repair and marina, tourism development projects, and a number of small industrial enterprises.
Key assignments include:
- Liquidator of Stanford Internal Bank Ltd
- Liquidator of First International Bank of Grenada
- Liquidator of Horizon Bank International Ltd
- Liquidator of Tradex Ltd
- Liquidator of Imperium Bank Ltd
- Liquidator of International Bank & Trust
- Liquidator of Banc Caribe Ltd
- Liquidator of Carribean Ventures International Ltd
- Liquidator of IC Mutual Ltd
Marcus's expertise covers:
- Financial Services
- Leisure & Tourism
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Practitioners
- Insolvency Institute of Canada
- Trustee in Bankruptcy