Mark started his career in audit before deciding to specialise in tax. He has been with Grant Thornton for 14 years spending time in various parts of our tax practice.
Mark has a broad experience in UK and international tax. His career to date has encompassed advising smaller owner managed business and their owners through to the firms largest corporate clients. He now specialises in financial services, specifically the asset management sector and support businesses to the industry. He also maintains a portfolio of non FS businesses as clients. Mark has acted as tax lead for clients in large transactions (both buy and sell side), fund reorganisations and launches and regularly provides cross boarder tax advice. He is a regular speaker at internal and external events and is a UK Chartered Tax Adviser.
Mark's expertise covers:
- Tax issues for hedge funds and alternative asset managers and funds
- Employee and principal tax efficient incentive planning
- Large corporate and international tax advice and structuring
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Qualified Intermediary (QI) auditing
- UK Reporting Fund regime
- Investment Trusts and UK authorised funds