Mark works in our Restructuring and Recovery group and manages the office of Grant Thornton (British Virgin Islands) Limited.
Mark joined us at Grant Thornton in 2007 (formerly joined RSM Robson Rhodes London in 2005). Previously he has worked with Ernst & Young in Cayman and PricewaterhouseCoopers in New Zealand. Since moving to the British Virgin Islands with RSM in 2006 Mark has been involved in providing clients with advice on processes and procedures in relation to BVI insolvency matters and assisting with the liquidations of the failed hedge funds of the SPhinX group of funds and Basis Yield Alpha. Mark gained his BVI Insolvency Practitioners license in January, 2008 Mark and has since been accepting BVI insolvency appointments.
Mark has over six years experience in restructuring and recovery in various countries and more recently has become established as a specialist BVI Insolvency Practitioner.
Mark's expertise covers:
- Voluntary and compulsory liquidations of hedge funds
- Solvent and insolvent liquidations of BVI companies
- BVI Insolvency processes and procedures
- Admitted as a chartered accountant to the Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Zealand in 2002
- Admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the high court of New Zealand in 1999
- Bachelor of Management Studies (Accounting Major)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) 1998 from Waikato University, New Zealand.