Patrick is the Senior Partner in our Financial Services Group, specialising in financial services regulation
Patrick joined us at Grant Thornton in 1986 after spending five years in the specialist Banking and insurance audit group of a London big 4 firm where he qualified as a chartered accountant. He was the founding Partner of the Financial Services Group and is regularly called upon to provide Expert Witness testimony at various Court and Tribunal Hearings.
Patrick's expertise covers:
- A broad spectrum of assignments for regulators and regulated firms including skilled person appointments, past business reviews, SYSC reviews, remedial exercises and business consultancy involving regulated processes in the retail financial services sector
- Assisting a wide range of businesses to prepare and apply for FSA authorisation
- Litigation support and expert witness work in the financial services sector including professional negligence, breach of warranty, breach of contract, statutory FSMA breach and FSA Enforcement.
- Routine compliance monitoring, special investigations and consultancy assignments of behalf of regulated businesses, the FSA and offshore regulators.
- Various investment fraud enquiries including theft, deception, forgery and money laundering, on behalf of the police and other prosecution authorities.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Compliance Institute
- Member of the Quality Assurance Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (Chartered Accountants, Regulatory Board)