Paul is a director in our Recovery & Reorganisation practice, specialising in transactional work within the Automotive sector.
Paul moved in to full time Automotive at Grant Thornton in 1998.
With more than 15 years experience in advising the automotive and motor retail sectors, Paul has advised a number of automotive manufacturers and retailers on change culture and transactional activity. He is primarily responsible for our merger and acquisition activity within the sector, and also specialises in strategic planning for motor retailers dealing with a fast changing business environment.
His experience includes: advising on a Management Buy-Out of a top 100 UK Motor retail group; providing strategic planning for a Top 25 dealer group, including assisting with new management structure, European acquisition advice for a Far Eastern corporate and assisting a manufacturer with its European footprint through an assisted finance program.
Paul's expertise covers:
- Motor Retail and Automotive manufacturers
- Merger & Acquisition
- change management
- Former lecturer on MSc course for Dealer Principals at Ford College
- Presenter at Grant Thornton, Automotive Management, Sewells, Motor Trader, Automotive Fellowship seminars and conferences
- Co-author of the ICAEW's guide to auditing motor retailers
- Author of the first Grant Thornton industry group audit programme (for motor retail).