Paul is a Director in our Public Sector Assurance team. He completed a secondment to the Audit Commission as Head of Audit Quality and Compliance from October 2010 for one year and since returning from secondment has focussed on Audit Quality and applying the firm's audit methodology to NHS and Local Government audits. He also helps lead our London, South East and Anglia Public Sector Assurance team.
Paul joined us at Grant Thornton in 2007, following the firm's merger with Robson Rhodes LLP who he joined in 2003. With nearly 20 years' experience in public sector external audit, internal audit and advisory services , Paul's recent responsibilities have been focussed in London, South East and Anglia and include:
- The audit of local government bodies, including London Borough, Unitary and District Councils
- Audit of NHS bodies including Acute Trusts and Primary Care Trusts
- Advisory services, including Use of Resources reviews and projects in Local Government and the NHS.
- Internal audit to Higher Education clients.
- Leading our Quality Control and Compliance programme for Public Sector Assurance
- Reviewing the application of the firm's audit methodology to Local Government and the NHS
His earlier career also included:
- Internal and external audit of Further Education and Higher Education institutions in the North West and Wales
- Internal audit of NDPBs in Wales NHS Internal Audit in Scotland
- Internal and external audit of not for profit sector bodies in London
- Advisory services to local government and NHS bodies in the North West, Wales, London and East of England
Paul's expertise covers:
- External Audit
- Internal Audit
- Advisory and Use of Resources projects
- NHS, Local Government, Education and Not for Profit sectors
- Quality Control and compliance
- Audit Methodology