As Global Head of Insurance, my role is to develop the insurance expertise across our global member firms, comprising 38,000 people. I joined the firm in 2005 and have now built up more than 25 years’ experience in the insurance industry, having worked as an insurance broker, underwriter, M&A adviser and regulator.
My client work focuses on strategic insurance advisory with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions support, capital raising, regulatory and capital management, and internal audit. Some examples include:
- Advising on the AIM listing of an insurance investment fund and an insurer
- Advising buyers on potential targets in UK insurance sector
- Seconded to act as deputy to COO of a Bermudian based reinsurer to manage the European start-up
- Financial and commercial due diligence reviews
- As principal, sold and bought underwriting and broking businesses in the USA, UK, India and Malaysia.
I’m a regular speaker and chairman at industry events and seminars. Outside work I have interests in history, food and wine, and travel.