Peter Allen is the head of our Financial Services Group and is responsible for transactions work, primarily in the insurance and asset management sectors.
Peter joined us at Grant Thornton in 2005. Previously he has worked with a big four firm and Lloyd's. With 25 years' experience in insurance, Peter has extensive knowledge of due diligence, M & A, capital raising and strategic change.
Peter's recent engagements include:
- Financial and commercial due diligence including a review for private equity of a subprime mortgage broker, and a review of an insurance claims book
- Advising on the AIM listing of an insurance investment fund; and an AIM listing of an insurer
- Advising buyers on potential targets in UK insurance sector
- Advising a syndicate of banks on the future of their lending to a Lloyd's insurer
- Seconded to act as deputy to COO of a Bermudian based reinsurer to manage the European start-up
- Advising on the sale of a personal lines insurance broker
- Managed the joint venture/sale of a major claims management business to a private equity business
- As principal, sold and bought underwriting and broking businesses in the USA, UK and in India and Malaysia.