Peter joined Grant Thornton's Tax team in 2005, prior to which he spent 10 years working in a variety of tax roles for a big four firm.
Peter has over 16 years' experience providing tax advice and planning opportunities to individuals and businesses. Peter specialises in advising owner managed businesses on tax matters ranging across the various stages of their growth model – from business structuring, to protecting and expanding business activities, to tax efficient realisation of value from the business. Peter's focus is on ensuring clients receive innovative, robust, and commercially aligned tax advice.
Peter is a qualified Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) with the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Peter's expertise covers:
- Tax efficient structuring
- Company reorganisations and reconstructions
- International tax
- Transaction tax – acquisitions/disposals
- Tax efficient remuneration / incentive planning
- Tax efficient financing arrangements
- Property tax planning
- Stamp Duty / Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Maximising tax reliefs – R&D, Capital Allowances, etc.