I head up China Britain Services Group, which provides multi-disciplinary, practical and commercial advice to companies operating between the UK and the People's Republic of China. With over 8,000 people operating in the UK and China combined, my role includes ensuring the best possible flow of knowledge and opportunity between these teams.
I have over 30 years' experience of auditing, and working with the stakeholders of successful high growth businesses. I have been both managing partner and senior partner of a large accounting firm and bring leadership and governance experience to my work with clients.
I focus on privately-owned and private equity-backed businesses; my expertise covers professional service firms, retail, food and beverage, real estate, technology and media. I have a wide experience in audit and transactional assignments. Key projects that I have had responsibility for include:
- Leading a series of projects for an international IP business over an eight year period, which culminated in a partial sale by 300 partners to a private equity buyer.
- Advising a leading property services firm on UK acquisitions, international expansion, partnership governance and sale to a US buyer .
- Advising a leading construction services firm on international growth, including acquisitions and new office openings in more than 20 countries.
- Chair of our client care panel
With experience gained on sabbatical in China I have direct knowledge of international engagements. I continue to also hold the position of Visiting Professor at Xiamen University in China and am a former Chairman of the Association of Partnership Practitioners.
Outside the firm I am treasurer of the Bromley by Bow Centre, while my spare time is spent travelling, listening to music and trying to find exciting ways to stay fit.
• BA (Hons) University of York