Simon joined Grant Thornton in 2006 and leads the provision of actuarial services to clients in the general insurance sector. Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Simon led the actuarial function at Travellers Insurance Company Ltd. Before that, he was a senior consultant in the general insurance division of Towers Perrin.
Simon has worked in, and consulted to, the general insurance industry for more than 21 years. His clients include commercial lines insurers, personal lines insurers, syndicates at Lloyd's of London, London market companies, and reinsurers.
Simon's expertise covers:
- Solvency II
- Capital modelling
- Valuation of insurance liabilities
- Provision of Statements of Actuarial Opinion
- Pricing of risks and portfolios
- Development of pricing models
- Part VII transfers
- Schemes of arrangement
- Design and implementation of management information systems
- Optimisation of reinsurance programmes
- Provision of strategic advice to senior management
- Establishment of actuarial teams