Steve is a partner in our Recovery & Reorganisation practice, specialising in large, complex multi-jurisdictional insolvency cases.
Steve joined us at Grant Thornton as a partner in 2002. Prior to this, he had been a reorganisation partner at Deloitte & Touche for 13 years.
Steve has 18 years experience in the provision of recovery and reorganisation services and has led many assignments investigating the viability of large corporate entities. He was the lead English Liquidation of BCCI SA from 1991 to 1997, the largest bank failure ever involving liabilities of some $10 billion.
Key assignments include:
- Project team leader of two World Bank funded contracts
- Provision of insolvency advice to AES in relation to AES Fifoots Point
- Joint Liquidator of Drake Motor Insurance
- Joint Liquidator of Trading Partners Limited (part of Versailles Group)
- Restructuring advice to Towry Law plc
- Administrative Receiver of Pavillion Leisure plc
- Administrative Receiver of GSM plc.
Steve's expertise covers:
- Financial Services
- ACA (Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- FABRP (Fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals)
- Licensed insolvency practitioner.