Our UK Offering
Globalisation presents enormous opportunities for companies: relaxation of government restrictions has led to increasing investments and activity in the UK by South Asian and particularly Indian companies. UK companies are also increasingly looking for expansion into South Asia and in particular India.
Whether you are looking to grow your business by exporting, investing or doing business with South Asia or are a South Asian company looking to invest or list in the UK, Grant Thornton's dedicated South Asia Group has the international capability, the cultural understanding and the partner commitment to help you drive your business forward.
Over 16 years experience working with UK and South Asian businesses has given us an in-depth understanding of the needs, priorities and aspirations of those businesses associated with South Asia. Our deep understanding of Asian culture means we appreciate and empathise with Asian customs and attitudes, both in a business and social context. We understand the issues that are important to you including:
- complete confidentiality - and total discretion
- value for money - for the high quality services we offer
- personal and prompt attention - and a proactive, partner led service
- expert advice on regulatory issues - giving you peace of mind in some of these challenging areas.
For those clients requiring advice in both the UK and India we offer a seamless service building on the already strong and close relationship between Grant Thornton UK LLP and Grant Thornton India. This means our clients benefit from the sharing of resources across the two firms and prompt access to a wide range of expertise, day and night, to deliver the added value required by our client base.
The Group is led by Anuj Chande, a corporate finance partner at Grant Thornton with over 29 years professional and commercial experience. He has been recognised as one of Britain's 100 most influential Asians for the second year running on the Asian Power 100 list which is compiled by Carter Andersen in association with the Bank of Scotland.
We are involved with a number of South Asia related organisations including being the main sponsors for the International Network of Asian Businesses. We work with an extensive network of intermediaries including key investors, bankers and legal advisers in the Asian arena, both in the UK and in India – so we are ideally placed to make recommendations and introductions to ensure you have the right team to deliver what you need.
Our Advisory Services
From multi-nationals and listed businesses to mid-corporates and family businesses, we provide a range of services to our clients, including:
- market and feasibility studies – providing market assessment and feasibility through to business planning
- fund raising – both debt and equity for greenfield and acquisitions
- cross-border acquisition services – full range of advice from identification of targets through to deal completion
- assistance with joint ventures and strategic alliances – advice on selection and structuring
- transaction advisory services – due diligence and public reporting accountant services
- capital markets – acting as sponsor and nomad for London main market and AIM respectively
- assurance services – audit through to full range of business risk management services
- tax planning – minimising corporate and all other direct and indirect taxes
- transfer pricing – full range of transfer pricing compliance and advice.
For more information on how Grant Thornton's South Asia Group can help you please contact: Anuj Chande, Partner & Head of South Asia Group, London on +44 (0)20 7728 2133 or email email@example.com; Eric Williams, Partner & Head of Tax, Birmingham on +44 (0)121 232 5171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; or John Loebl, Partner, Manchester on +44 (0)161 953 6332 or email email@example.com.
For more information about Grant Thornton in India please click here.