Grant Thornton's Aerospace and Defence group provides industry-specific, reliable and candid solutions to businesses in the aerospace, defence and homeland security sector. We bring the full scale and breadth of services expected of a leading professional services firm, delivered in a distinctive, personalised way, with an understanding of the key dynamics in the sector. We appreciate the challenges currently faced by those operating at all tiers of the supply chain and have worked with many companies to improve their financial performance and liquidity profile. In addition, we are helping others to position themselves to benefit from the consolidation opportunity which will accelerate as the sector shows renewed signs of growth.
We deliver partner-led solutions in the following areas:
- corporate finance, advising on all aspects of acquisitions, disposals, management buyouts and other debt and equity financings, drawing on our international member firm's contacts to provide access to an extensive network of potential acquirers and acquisition candidates as well as knowledge of the local operating environment
- project finance, including financial modelling, structuring debt and equity financing and assistance with negotiations at all stages of a project
- supply chain risk assessments, leveraging our skills and experience of working with OEMs and their suppliers
- profit improvement, crisis management and restructuring services for those businesses experiencing difficult trading
- recovery and reorganisation services to assist companies, lenders, equity investors and other stakeholders in achieving the best outcome in a distressed situation
- business risk services on internal controls and processes
- tax planning and compliance, in single and multiple jurisdictions, covering transaction structuring, transfer pricing, expatriate taxation and corporate simplification.
We have strong sector credentials and our experienced team of professionals works closely with companies in all tiers of the manufacturing supply chain, enabling us to provide invaluable, up-to-date insights into supplier and customer trends. We are one of only seven advisers on the MoD Framework for PFI and partnering projects, and have advised companies ranging from global integrators to component suppliers on a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions.
Read Grant Thornton's Ian P. Wilson's article in Defense Industry Daily on Decoding the UK's defence dilemma