Our media team assists clients with a comprehensive range of financial advisory services to help them achieve their targets and aspirations. We offer our clients an integrated approach with a single point of contact for consistency and peace of mind. We are proactive in our approach to work, and are proud of the passion and enthusiasm we put into every project. We focus our services in three primary areas of the media industry, namely:
- film and TV production and distribution;
- publishing, conferences and exhibitions;
- marketing and advertising services.
We offer solutions and advice in the following service areas:
- internal, external and royalty audits
- business risk services and corporate governance
- corporate finance services including disposals, mergers and acquisitions, MBOs / MBIs, reporting accountant, valuations, operations and post deal services, private equity and funding, due diligence, and flotations and initial public offerings;
- tax services including corporate tax, VAT and employer solutions
Our involvement in the sector is extensive: we are members of the Professional Publishers Association (PPA), PACT, and the Film Council and work with them on emerging industry issues; we annually attend MIPCOM, MIPTV, Cannes Film Festival, Cannes Lions Festival and MIDEM and support the annual Global Events Summit, PPA and DPA Awards.
We understand the issues facing the sector and provide regular commentary and financial benchmarking surveys. Our fourth Grant Thornton survey of accounting practices in the media sector looks at the effects of the introduction of IFRS across those UK media companies quoted on the London Stock Exchange Full List and AIM.
We've teamed up with the Economist Intelligence Unit to produce the Disruption and Opportunity, today's challenges for media business models report which examines issues around the resilience and robustness of business models in the sector over the last 18 months and how they may fare in the future.