The national Education group is committed to delivering a high quality service to our clients and also providing support and expertise to developing the sector as a whole.
This sector is a core part of our business and we specialise in providing bespoke audit, tax and advisory services to the following:
- higher education institutions including universities and other private providers
- further education colleges
- schools and academies
Each member of our team has extensive experience within the education sector, and is therefore able to offer an insightful, expert opinion on all advisory and accountancy needs.
We have a well developed network of contacts with other education service providers and our involvement in the sector is extensive, including:
- specialist work for HEFCE, YPLA, SFA and the Department of Education
- providing an annual varied and topical seminar programme for the sector
- contributing to the sector's thinking by being involved in sector studies including the publication 'The Financial Health of the Higher Education Sector'
- sitting on regulatory technical boards including BUFDG Audit Liaison Group and the Higher Education Audit Liaison (HEAL)Group
- producing regular technical literature including newsletters, factsheets and responding to regulatory consultations.
The next move - Grant Thornton's financial health of the higher education sector.
For the third year running, Grant Thornton's higher education team has successfully launched our review of the financial statements of the UK university sector.
In addition to the financial analysis of the UK's higher education institutions, our report also focuses on topics which we feel are particularly relevant to the sector at the current time. These include considerations on the changing risk landscape, our views on the basis of remunerating senior management responsible for running our universities, and how institutions can look to maximise their commercial income. We also look at increasing philanthropic giving as well as alternative financing options (bonds) in the current environment.
If you would like to receive a copy of our report, please contact Louise Hughes.