The national Education group is committed to delivering a high quality service to our clients and also providing support and expertise to developing the sector as a whole.
This sector is a core part of our business and we specialise in providing bespoke audit, tax and advisory services to the following:
- higher education institutions including universities and other private providers
- further education colleges
- schools and academies
Each member of our team has extensive experience within the education sector, and is therefore able to offer an insightful, expert opinion on all advisory and accountancy needs.
We have a well developed network of contacts with other education service providers and our involvement in the sector is extensive, including:
- specialist work for HEFCE, SFA and the Department of Education
- providing an annual varied and topical seminar programme for the sector
- contributing to the sector's thinking by being involved in sector studies including the publication 'The Financial Health of the Higher Education Sector'
- sitting on regulatory technical boards including BUFDG Audit Liaison Group and the Higher Education Audit Liaison (HEAL)Group
- producing regular technical literature including newsletters, factsheets and responding to regulatory consultations.
Thrive or survive? The Financial Health of the Higher Education sector 2015
Based on a review and analysis of the financial statements of the institutions in the sector our latest report considers the trends in financial performance over the last six years and draws upon our own experience of the sector in the UK, US and Australia. We have, again, included separate analyses covering the research intensive institutions, post 1992 universities and specialist institutions, as well as a country wide comparison and an initial insight into the financial health of those further education colleges delivering higher education provision. The Higher Education sector continually evolves to meet the changes imposed upon it through government policy and technological developments. In this edition of our report, we have used the insight gained from our firm's Future Perspectives research project to consider the future landscape of the sector to help institutions with their strategic planning. We will continue to develop this theme.
View the key highlights of the report
If you would like to receive a copy of our full report, please contact Louise Hughes.