The national Education group is committed to delivering a high quality service to our clients and also providing support and expertise to developing the sector as a whole.
This sector is a core part of our business and we specialise in providing bespoke audit, tax and advisory services to the following:
- higher education institutions including universities and other private providers
- further education colleges
- schools and academies
Each member of our team has extensive experience within the education sector, and is therefore able to offer an insightful, expert opinion on all advisory and accountancy needs.
We have a well developed network of contacts with other education service providers and our involvement in the sector is extensive, including:
- specialist work for HEFCE, YPLA, SFA and the Department of Education
- providing an annual varied and topical seminar programme for the sector
- contributing to the sector's thinking by being involved in sector studies including the publication 'The Financial Health of the Higher Education Sector'
- sitting on regulatory technical boards including BUFDG Audit Liaison Group and the Higher Education Audit Liaison (HEAL)Group
- producing regular technical literature including newsletters, factsheets and responding to regulatory consultations.
Managing through uncertainty - Grant Thornton's financial health of the higher education sector
For the fourth year running, Grant Thornton's higher education team has successfully launched our review of the financial statements of the UK university sector, this year delving deeper into analysis of research intensive institutions, post 1992 and specialist institutions.
If you would like to receive a copy of our report, please contact Louise Hughes.