Grant Thornton's multi-disciplinary financial services consulting team provides some of the UK's largest and best-known organisations with practical, commercial and innovative solutions to their business challenges.
Actuarial & Finance
Our highly qualified team of actuaries and analysts offers market leading financial and actuarial services to the insurance industry.
Our services are targeted at helping our clients better understand the value drivers in their business, resulting in an information rich decision-making process. Our expertise covers:
While we excel in offering the services one would expect from a leading actuarial consultancy - advising the life and general insurance industries - we pride ourselves on our ability to take away complex financial problems and replace them with workable solutions; using our proven business and communication skills to advise our clients as to how to grow the value of their business.
Strategic Process & Business Improvement
We provide market-leading strategic and business process advice to high profile businesses across the financial services industry.
We can bring a fresh, independent and innovative approach to a wide variety of business challenges and have experience in a wide range of areas, including:
- Strategic analysis of the potential value in the purchase of books of London market insurance claims
- Financial process redesign for major insurance intermediaries
- Re-specification of management information systems as part of a strategic repositioning of a financial intermediary
- Carrying out a detailed analysis of the UK insurance sector designed to identify appropriate targets for a private equity investment fund
Project & Programme Management
We provide a range of project-related services to both established and growing financial services clients, offering unsurpassed experience of all stages of a project, from scoping and mobilisation through to rescuing stalled projects and reviews.
Our flexible approach makes for exceptional tools and techniques to support businesses. We offer expertise and forthright advice in the following areas:
- Defining projects through scoping, planning and mobilisation
- Budget management
- Risk and issue resolution
- Controlling projects by project reviews and audits, quality reviews and sample checking
- Re-focusing stalled projects and deliverables
- Re-establishing project monitoring and reporting
- Providing skilled regulatory project managers to work as part of the project team
- Ongoing running, monitoring and reporting across projects
- Training in the principles and practical application of project management