Disclosing offshore bank accounts to HMRC

Do you have bank accounts, or any other assets, overseas that haven’t been declared for UK tax purposes?

Did you know that the best approach is to make a voluntary declaration to HMRC?

If you are a UK resident then your overseas assets may trigger UK tax charges and you are legally obliged to declare these to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). We strongly advise making a voluntary disclosure to HMRC rather than waiting for them to come and find you!

If you think you might need to make a disclosure we recommend that you seek expert advice. There may be a number of different options available to you, including using the Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility.

If you engage us to represent you we would notify HMRC that you will be making an offshore disclosure and work with you to determine the amount of unpaid tax owed. We will then negotiate with HMRC on your behalf to agree a fair settlement (which would cover outstanding tax, interest due and penalties).

If you are unsure of whether you need to make a declaration to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) or how to go about this please contact us on 0845 868 2050 for a free, confidential discussion.


Press Releases


Consultations and responses

Case Alerts 

Read our case law updates
Case Alert - Rapid Sequence Limited
Case Alert - HMRC v Pendragon Plc
Read more



In touch with tax

Read up on latest tax issues